error in extending internet web application

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM

hi guys,

i've made it in the setup to the "extend internet web application" step.

but as i ran the setup many times, it seems that it have saved some item in this step before.

and i get the following error when trying to run it again

Internet Extended Web Application creation startedSystem.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)   at CSP.Package.Controls.ExtendInternetWebApplication.ExtendWebApp(SPWebApplication webApplication, String description, String hostHeader, Int32 port, String loadBalancedUrl, String path, Boolean allowAnonymous, Boolean useNtlm, Boolean useSsl, SPUrlZone zone)   at CSP.Package.Controls.ExtendInternetWebApplication.Next()

so any ideas?

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Which is the host header you are using to extend the web application to? Is it possible you already have an alternate address mapping url pointig to this host header?

Regards
David Martos

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:09 PM

can you explain more please?

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM

When you are installing CSP one of the options you need to provide is the url where you want to extend the public portal (for example, www.contoso.com). You must ensure your SharePoint installation does not contain any alternate address mapping url using this same uri, as the installer will try to extend the new web application using this information.

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM

problem solved, 

i installed moss 2007 sp1 instead of sp2 and it worked!

thanks david