Installer does not work for CRM 4.0

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM

I am having issues with the installer if I use the CRM option.  I have a fully functional CRM deployment.

When I get to the "CRM Customizations" section and use the "Test Connection" option, I get an error message popup as reported by several other users.  Here is the top few lines of the error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CSP.CRM.Deployment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'CSP.CRM.Deployment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

If I shut down the installer, copy the file "CSP.CRM.Deployment.dll" from the installation source directory \CSP Installers\CRMCustomizations\ to \CSP Installers\ and restart the installer, then I don't receive the error message any longer.

However, I cannot get the application to pass the verification test.  All I get is “Error Connecting to CRM Server”.    It would be nice if there was a install log file that gave us some clue to the issue. 

At this point, you are stuck with the installer as it will not let you proceed. 

I am going to switch to the manual installation instructions at this point.  This looks like a fantastic demo environment so I hope you can get the installer fixed.

Jason

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Not having much luck with the manual process as well.  I get an error message when I try to create the site collection for the Internet portal.  Here is the error:

System.ApplicationException: Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully. Delete this site collection in Central Administration, and then create a new site collection. OriginalException: Dependency feature with id c88c4ff1-dbf5-4649-ad9f-c6c426ebcbf5 for feature 'CSP_BuildingPermit' (id: 7d2c2b7a-1ce0-4c58-accd-9ca1c68c2510) is not installed.

Jason
Developer
Dec 4, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Hello, Jason

We have just posted a patch to fix the problem with the CRM Customizations installer. It should be available soon on the Releases tab .

Daniel
Dec 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM
Daniel,

Thanks for the update.  The patch did fix the CRM installation part for me so I am getting closer.  I will report my next issue in a new thread.

Thanks
Jason