Installer issue with site collections

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I am having issues with the installer creating the site collections.  Using the updated installer that was posted this week but I did recieve this message on the original installer as well.

I get the same error message when I try to create the site collection manually as well.

Here is the error message:

Intranet Site Collection creation started
arguments: http://localhost:80 "Citizen Service Platform Internet" PORTAL\Administrator administrator@portal.local "Here you will find all the needed components to interact with your city"
System.ApplicationException: Provisioning did not succeed. Details: The site template was not provisioned successfully. Delete this site collection in Central Administration, and then create a new site collection. OriginalException: Dependency feature with id c88c4ff1-dbf5-4649-ad9f-c6c426ebcbf5 for feature 'CSP_BuildingPermit' (id: 7d2c2b7a-1ce0-4c58-accd-9ca1c68c2510) is not installed.

Thanks
Jason
Dec 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM
Hi Jason,

if you look into the 12 hive you will see that c88c4ff1-dbf5-4649-ad9f-c6c426ebcbf5 guid stands for IPFSSiteFeature feature which is part of the premium features of MOSS. Have you checked you have form server in place?

Regards,
CSP Team
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Thank you David!

The deployment guide did not mention what version of SharePoint that you need so I installed SharePoint standard.  I upgraded it to Enterprise which resolved the installation issue.

Jason