CSP Localization issues

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Hi

I am going to localize the CSP in Norwegian and it would save me a lot of time if I could get answers to some project setup questions.

1. Missing dlls and files. In the Localization Guide, it says how to add and structure the projects. However, some dlls I could not find: 
In CSP.Webparts:
AntiXssLibrary.dll -  is it correct to install AntiXssLibraryV1.5? There exists v 3.0 beta, but it is newer that the CSP solution.
CKS.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll - I had to download the FBA prosjekt fra Codeplex, build it and get the dll. Though it built, I am not sure whether the things actually work.
In CSP.CRM.ISVExtensions, the two microsoft.crm.sdk* dlls gave me a warning about .Net 2.0 - it says I must use the later version.
Is there any Libs folder with all the needed dlls, or is this the right way to proceed?

When setting up the solution, I should create some projects from scratch:
CSP.CRM.Deployer.Files
CSP.CRMConnector.Installer
CSP.Deploy
CSP.Package
CSP.Solution

The Localization Guide then goes on to describe things I should do with files in these projects. Since I had no files, I borrowed those that came with en-EN localization. There were traces of Spanish localization. What is the best practice for setting up this solution anyway, it looks like the Guide is omitting something.

2.  In CSPSolution - Template - 1033 - XML, there are also CSPInternet.xml and CSPIntranet.xml files Localization Guide says nothing about, but I see some values that probably need to be translated, such as 
<web name="blog"
siteDefinition="Blog"
displayName="Tourists Blog"
description=""
/>  
Is that right?

3. In pt.5 , it says: Localize all the infopath forms within TEMPLATES/FEATURES... , then in pt.6, it says: Build the new WSP package, and rename it to csp... Then it goes on about Forms localization again and never mentions the wsp build. When does it come into picture and what shall I do with it at this point?

4. When I try to design Infopath forms, I get an error: The form template asspciated with this form cannot be found. It is not on your computer and the form does not specify a location from which to retrieve it.
Any suggestions?

5. In 5.5, Simple CMS Database it has a part of db script to be translated. It looks like there is more to it, but I'm not sure:
INSERT INTO [CSP_SimpleCMS].[dbo].[CaseRoleType] ([CaseRoleTypeTitle]) VALUES ('Civil Servant');
GO
INSERT INTO [CSP_SimpleCMS].[dbo].[CitizenRequestType] ([CitizenRequestTypeID] ,[CitizenRequestTypeTitle]) VALUES (1, 'Add');
INSERT INTO [CSP_SimpleCMS].[dbo].[CitizenRequestType] ([CitizenRequestTypeID] ,[CitizenRequestTypeTitle]) VALUES (2, 'Update');
Shall 'Civil Servant', 'Add' and 'Update' also be translated?

6. In 5.6.1 (CRM localization), it says: The procedure assumes that the standart installation of CRM in the target language, as well as the CSP customizations have already beeg deployed.
Does this mean that I have to configure all CRM customization manually, including navigation, workflows, custom entities? Don't CSP customizations for CRM come with the installation package?

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I'll try to help you in some of your questions.

1. You can get the DLLs we used from the compiled WSP downloadable in codeplex. Anyway, it should be ok to use a newer version of them if available. Regarding FBA assemblies, I would use the one into the WSP to avoid extra work if any change has been done.

Regarding the projects, maybe some of the changes of the last release were not reflected correctly in the document. I would suggest you making a copy of all en-US stuff as a best practice, and removing all content related to es-ES.

2. Actually all elements into the 1033 folder should be copied to LCID folder. Anyway, the literals should refer to the resource file. In that case you can correct the webtemp file of just translate these literals directly.

3. Building the WSP file should be the last action to do, after performing all changes into the infopath forms. I'll take a look at the documentation to see the actions suposed to do after the building and come back to you.

4. Are you right-clicking the XSN form and choosing "Design"? It should work like that. Does it happen with every infopath form into your machine?

5. Well, you just need to do that in case you want to install SimpleCMS package. If you are connecting with CRM 4.0 there's no need to do this change.

6. CSP customizations are not prepared for every single language. Anyway let me send your question to the CRM architect so it can help you in a more suitable way.

I hope this help. Should you have any question do not hesitate to contact us.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Hello, Skolota

Answering your question regarding CRM localization:

6. In 5.6.1 (CRM localization), it says: The procedure assumes that the standart installation of CRM in the target language, as well as the CSP customizations have already beeg deployed. Does this mean that I have to configure all CRM customization manually, including navigation, workflows, custom entities? Don't CSP customizations for CRM come with the installation package?

No, you don't need to actually do the customizations again. You just have to translate the literals of the customizable elements like labels, entity names and so forth. Alternatively you can choose to export part of these strings to a Excel worksheet with the standard "Export labels for translation" feature of CRM.
Sorry if we weren't clear about it.

Daniel Sabater