missing components and sign up error

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM
hi guys, i've installed the latest version of csp, but after i deployed the website collections and completed the configurations, i get some errors: 1) when i try to sign up as a civilian i get the moss error page with "An unexpected error has occurred." and nothing is thrown to windows logs (event viewer). 2) in the intranet site, i can't find the section "civil servant services" 3) in the crm, when i try to start a csp procedure through contact, i get the webpage "choose procedure type" with no contents. (knowing that the page itself was throwing an exception that it can't read from its web config located at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ISV\CSP") i don't know what's the connection between these errors, but am i missing something? i'm using crm 4.0 enterprise , moss 2007 sp1 and windows server 2008 sp1 standard edition. so any suggestions? thanks in advance
Developer
Jun 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi amrsawy,

Regarding your first problem, you should take a look at the logs folder in the 12 hive, as the MOSS components are only logging to this location. I guess you have a problem with the CRM connector web services because of problems 2 and 3. Please take a look at these logs and post here the error you find.

Regards,
David Martos

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM

hi david,

sorry for the late reply.

i ended up using the online demo vm from www.microsoftpsdemos.com

but there's a major thing to notice, at the demo site they offer csp v 1.61 but here the latest version is 1.1

so i was wondering about the source code of the latest version?

thanks again,

amr el-sawy

Developer
Jun 29, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

There is no correspondence between the source code and the virtual machine versions. The virtual machine versions refer to different additions (by us and other partners) just for demo purposes, including demo content and no source code is provided unless it is included within the virtual machine file system.

Anyway, there shouldn't be changes in the code existing in Codeplex, just new developments.

Regards
David Martos

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:53 AM

ok, now i get it.

thanks david