multi-tenant solution

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM

hello there, i was thinking about hosting csp as a multi-tenant solution.

in the technical design document, you guys were talking about the architecture of csp that it's designed to tolerate multiple municipalities.

how is this possible regarding using crm as a cms ? is it by creating different organization per municipality or sharing one organization and 

manipulating customization through the UI?

and one more thing, does the municipality include the cms within it or does it only include the intranet and internet portals ?

thanks in advance

amr el-sawy

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM

another question came to my mind, how about sharepoint 2010 support? is there any future release to support it? and when if so?

Developer
Jun 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hello,

first of all, take into consideration CSP is just a set of guidelines and accelerators that might help you in projects involving technologies such as SharePoint and CRM, and not a solution itself. Every project you start should begin with an analysis stage to answer the questions you are asking here. I have used CSP in some projects and, depending on the number of municipalities and its size the architecture has varied significantly. Using CRM as the CMS allows you both ways of working: a shared organization and a different one per municipality depending on your requirements. The first option would be easier but the second one is obviously more flexible. But don't think these are the only options, as in a real project the complexity is sometimes higher and you need extra components such as Biztalk, AX, SAP, a BPM suite, etc.

Regarding your second question I'm sorry I don't fully understand, where must the cms, intranet and internet portals be included?

Regards,
David Martos

Developer
Jun 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

We are currently working on CSP 2010, built on top of SharePoint 2010 and including some new features demanded by several customers such as multilanguage, accessibility, Live ID integration, etc. I'm not sure about dates but I if you send me a private message I' can give you some contacts that can help you with this information.

If you want more information you can also visit my blog: http://david-martos.blogspot.com/2010/06/csp-2010-comienza-ver-la-luz.html. It's written in Spanish but there is an option to automatically translate the posts. If you are interested in any information provided there and the translation is not good enough feel free to leave a comment asking for some additional translation.

Regards
David Martos

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM

i meant that in the technical design document you've drawn a diagram for municipalities in page 5. and they all run under the csp

in your definition to municipality, do you include the cms part or do you mean only the internet and intranet site?

Developer
Jul 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Using the installer on the downloads page, the CMS part is installed as a single shared entity where all the municipalities are using the same organization, and then, for each municipality a public portal and an intranet would be provisioned.  Anyway, in a real-world project that is one of the things you may change to meet your requirements because some municipalities would use our CMS solution, others would like to have a separated one and others would have an existing one.

Regards,
David Martos

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:06 PM
so can i run the installer from the command line tool and pass it the needed parameters?