Installation issues

Sep 11, 2008 at 11:37 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hi,
while installing the CSP Internet/Intranet portals on my VPC (Windows Server 2008 + SQL Server 2008), I have found some problems; I have already solved many of them (not yet all, unfortunately...).

Some of them are probabily related to my VPC configuration. 

•  The Search subsite on both portals is configured to use a wrong master page; this causes the error 404 while trying to access the default.aspx/results.aspx pages. After changing the master page to "CSP_Internet.master"/"CSP_Intranet.master", the error disappears.
  • The Internet Portal is configured with a wrong search center URL (on the site collection settings); the correct relative url is "/Search/Pages/results.aspx".
  • On my VPC, I have changed the sessionState configuration (on the Internet Portal's web.config) to "InProc"
  • On my IIS 7.0 server, I needed to configure the SimpleCMS web site with an "integrated" AppPool; on that site I needed to add the Managed Handler e Script Path described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752252.aspx.
  • On my VPC, I needed to change the endpoint configuration for the SimpleCMS service on the Internet/Intranet Portal's web.config; otherwise I was experiencing an "endpoint mismatch" error. Now I am using:

endpoint
              address="
http://MySimpleCMSWebSite/MembershipServiceClass.svc"
              binding="wsHttpBinding"
              bindingConfiguration="WSHttpBinding_IMembershipServiceContract"
              contract="CSP.MembershipInterface.IMembershipServiceContract"
              name="WSHttpBinding_IMembershipServiceContract"

At this moment, I could test successfully a citizen registration; after the request approval, my test citizen can successfully log on.

Unfortunately, I have still the following open issues:

• The search "results.aspx" page does not work on the Internet Public site (while anonymous or authenticated); I get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Note that the same page works perfectly on the windows authenticated Internet portal.
  • The InfoPath forms for the online services are not visualized (I get just an empty region on the online_services.aspx page)

Last: I have had a problem with the CSP Installer, while creating the SimpleCMS web on IIS; in order to recover it, I needed to launch manually the CSP.SimpleCMS.Installer.msi and, then, to modify the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\CSP\InstallationProcessStep (from 7 to 8), in order to let the CSP Installer move forward to the next step.

Stefano

Developer
Sep 16, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Hi Stefano

thanks a lot for your feedback.

CSP has been built so it supports Windows 2008 and SQL Server 2008 yet we are still doing testing. We are adding these issues to our list and will come back to you in the follwing days so you can complete the set up.

CSP Team.

Regards.