How to create a new CSP Procedure Type?

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Hi,

I created a customize entity then add a parental relationship to the Case entity and a referential relationship to Contact. Add a new value to Case's csp_proceduretype attribute that equa Object Type Code of the newly created entity.

when I created a new case and choose newly created CSP Procedure Type then clicking on "Procedure detail" I got an error message from CRM (please see below images for details).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dungtn/4311552968/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dungtn/4310814471/

I would like to ask if I need to create required attributes or doing any specific task in order to make new Entity and corresponding CSP Procedure Type work?

Alex.

Developer
Feb 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hi, Alex

Apparently you are proceeding the right way. Maybe the attribute names for the relationships differ from what the page is expecting. The relationship attribute that links the case to the procedure is  csp_procedureid: check that you are not using another prefix, for instance. I guess the best way is having a look at the attributes of an existing procedure and just copy the names.

BTW, try to enable the developer errors attribute in the .config file so we can dig a bit deeper into the error.

Thanks for the feedback!

Daniel - CSP Team

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Hi Daniel and David,

Following your guidelines, I can created a new CSP procedure and link it to SharePoint using InfoPath form.

Thank your for your helps,

Alex.

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM

i have a similar case , i imported the custiomization manually and placed required stuff in the ISV folder and when i create a csp procedure of type citizen feed back and click on the Procedure detail link it give error "Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown." Key Can not be NULL

Please advise

Developer
Oct 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hello, Mira

Can you check whether the incident.csp_proceduretype and incident.csp_procedureid are being sent correctly to the aspx in the ISV folder?

In the window that pops up when you click in the "Procedure detail" link, check the address and post it here so we can further debug the problem.

Regards

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Dear ,

Thanks for you prompt reply, i could manage to fix the problem and it is described below:

The URL that opens the edit.aspx was missing the organization name; here is what i edited in the project CSP.CRM.ISVExtensions

ProcedureDetail.aspx

string url = "/"+organizationName+"/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=" + procedureTypeCode;

Higlighted in bold is what i added to the url and managed to fix the problem.

The Procedure Type and the Procedure Id are being sent well to the aspx page

Here is the URL that u requested:

http://10.2.5.177/CSP/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10005&csp_incidentid=ca117508-a1e2-df11-8130-000c2976cd38&csp_incidentidname=CAS-01003-HY5VMB&csp_contactid={E49F9099-8DE2-DF11-8130-000C2976CD38}&csp_contactidname=Test&csp_title=Test%203

Regards,

Developer
Oct 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM

That means you just found a bug: the code in ProcedureDetail.aspx works only if you are working with the default organization!

Thank you!